In this article, we will explain about the latest trend ‘SPC HYBRID’
There’s has been a shift of trends from Laminate or Timber to Vinyl Planks. There are many terms when It comes to Vinyl planks. I am sure you already heard of all different terms, SPC, LVT, WPC and the newest SPC HYBRID. By the looks, they do look similar but the composite how its made is different.
The abreviation ‘SPC’ stands for stone plastic composite.
It is engineered luxury vinyl that combines limestone and stabilizers to create a remarkably tough core.
An SPC HYBRID vinyl floor is still 100% waterproof but adds balance, indentation resistance, and structure to vinyl plank flooring.
An SPC HYBRID vinyl has different main layers.
- Wear Layer – The wear layer is the first coating on top of the vinyl floor that is usually clear. That adds scratch and stain resistance to the vinyl plank.
- Decor Film – SPC HYBRID vinyl floor will have a thin layer of vinyl attached to it. This layer is watertight and will contain the design, character and look of the floor.
- SPC HYRBID Core – The SPC HYBRID core is produced by consolidating limestone particles and stabilizers to create a dimensionally stable and waterproof center.
- Connected Underlayment – SPC HYBRID vinyl may or may not come with added underlay. These are usually incorporated to help with sound decrease and add softness to the floor.
- Waterproof: This is one of the significant factors in choosing an SPC vinyl. It is 100% waterproof, which means it can be installed in most wet areas such as kitchen, bathrooms, and restaurants without a problem!
- Stability in Temperature Variations: With the stone construction, an SPC HYBRID vinyl core is more stable in conditions with temperature variances, such as offices, homes with AC units and homes with humidity variations.
- Appearance – SPC HYBRID vinyl flooring can have a variety of looks, textures, and styles. It will be hard to believe they are vinyl.
- DIY Installation – SPC HYBRID vinyl flooring is a click-lock installation method. It is installed similarly to a general vinyl and laminate with a tongue and groove installation.
- Underfoot feel – The SPC HYBRID is going to feel added sturdy and cushioned underfoot than a traditional vinyl due to the dense core and density of the plank. A solid plank will give you more comfort. Some of the SPC will have attached underlay that supplements the softness underfoot. If it does not have attached underlayment, you can opt for an LVT specific underlayment to install over the subfloor.
- Noise Ambient: With the solid core, this plank tends to have a quieter sound. You will unlikely to hear the click-clack sounds.
- Affordability: SPC HYBRID vinyl plank flooring is very budget friendly. Depending on the brand and features, you can find SPC HYBRID vinyl in a variety of price ranges. Features like attached underlayment, texture and edges can increase the floor price.
- Easy Maintenance and Cleaning: An SPC HYBRID vinyl will have the same cleaning method just like normal vinyl sheets. These planks are intended to be easily cleaned with general light sweep and damped mop.
The Dinifintive SPC HYBRID range offers 30 Years of residential warranty and a 10years light commercial warranty.
There are different ranges of a wear layer as well ranging from the start residential 0.03, 0.30, 0.50 and 0.55 commercial traffic rated, the higher the better.
You can visit the full range we have on here Hybrid Floors
How To Protect The Floors?
Have doormats at all entrances, sweep or vacuum frequently, use and frequently replace thick felt or rubber stoppers on all furniture legs and bases. Keep pets’ nails trimmed.
As a conclusion, this is a floor for the everyday DIY person, no glues or extra hard work required to finish off your nice project either for home or office.